Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

Opening my cards from the girls!
Ready to go to Church!
At my Mom's house trying hard to get pictures in the sun!
My family~~
Ok, this was Maci's idea but, we were all squinting from the sun!
Madison, Rylee and Maci (check out Rylee's tongue, how funny!)
Sweet girls!
What a special day! A time to remember my mom and mother-in-law and also a time to be thankful for two precious girls. God has blessed my with a husband that makes sure that the day is special. Over the last few years, Ryan has started planning a special Mother's Day gift to me on the Saturday night before Mother's Day. We are so busy on Mother's Day spending time with our Moms so he thought of this a few years ago and has been fun! Usually, we go out of town but this year we didn't make it due to a fundraiser Madison had all day Sat. So, we did go to dinner at Don Jose and we went to the movies and saw Las Vegas (very funny movie). Then, Ryan wanted to make sure the girls were at home Sunday morning so we picked them up from Ryan's Mom after the movie.
I woke up Sunday morning with Madi and Maci so excited to give me their special gifts. Madison wrote a letter (which I will try to scan and post). It was so sweet, I will keep it forever. Maci made a poem with art at school. Then, the girls picked out a card with Ryan. This card was adorable. They recorded a message into the card that played back as I opened the card. What a treasured gift that I can play back and keep for memories as they grow up. Then Ryan gave me a cute card and inside he drew a money chart and on it was 25% colored in with $100 cash, to go towards my spray tan machine. Thanks to my bud Courtney she has got a few of us hooked on her spray tan machine. My friend Tracy got one for Mother's Day. But, I will be getting one soon, I just need to save a little more money. Thanks Ryan for getting me started (by the way if you need a spray tan, I will be doing them at my house). Great way to look tan without the damage.
Off we went to meet Ryan's family for breakfast at Sebring Diner. Then, my niece-Rylee Spencer was dedicated at church and we went to witness this special time. Both of our girls were re-dedicated at our Church (Grace Bible) when we first began visting.
After church, we went by to visit my Mom. She had come down with a virus so we had to change our lunch plans with her until this Thursday. We are taking her to Olive Garden (Yum!). I am glad we at least got to visit with her. Since, our lunch plans were cancelled we were able to go to Aunt Becky's house and visit with more of Ryan's family.
Then, we headed home to a Blockbuster night of movies and popcorn!
Thanks Ryan, Madi, Maci and Grandma Becky for the nice gifts!

No comments: