Thursday, May 1, 2008

"I Can Only Imagine"

I left work yesterday to attend a very sad but inspiring funeral. It was for Travis O'Bannon JR. I have known Travis since he started attending Grace Bible (back when we had only 50 or so members). He also taught my daughter Madison at the Edge Cheer Center (the first two years she joined). What an amazing person! He was one of the happiest persons that I have ever known. I sat down and explained to Madison what happened and she had so many questions. One thing she said that just filled my heart, she said to me, "Mommy don't cry, he now sees Jesus". What inspiration from a 7 year old that she knows what is awaiting for all of us. I debated to take her with me to the funeral but decided to focus on all the positive moments she had with Travis. Including a sleepover she had at the Edge Gym, and her and Travis were stunting together. I am still looking for the picture of this moment. My heart hurts but at the same time, I know Travis is now in the place where we all desire to meet our Lord. One of the last conversations Travis had was with a close friend of his. He told his friend that he really is happy in his life and is filled with contentment. This is so touching that he left a time in his life that he felt he was content. What a powerful lesson for us all! Two of my favorite songs were song yesterday at the service "I Can Only Imagine" and "I Am A Friend of God". These songs will remain in my heart to remember Travis. One very important thing that I strive to do as a Christian is love people and love God.
GOD BLESS YOU TRAVIS!!!

No comments: