Monday, June 23, 2008

Prayers for the Smoak Family

On Friday, while I was in a workshop, I received terrible news that Mason Smoak had lost his life in an airplane accident. He was trying to land and the plane crashed. I can't even imagine what the family is going through.
I met Tracee Smoak my first year teaching at Lake Placid Elementary. She is a very special person, one that you are easily drawn to due to her sweet and very considerate personality. We soon became pregnant together with our first baby. We shared all the new and fun moments of our first pregnancy together. I haven't seen Tracee or Mason in a few months but I always remember them both and continue to remember my friendship with Tracee. They have 3 beautiful children-one is 8, 5 and 1 months old. I pray for the Smoak family and to the Lord to give Tracee the support she needs during this difficult time. I know both Mason and Tracee have strong faith and that will help Tracee get through this rough time. You are in my prayers and many people in this community. I will be thinking and praying for you Tracee. God Bless!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Hey Stacey, I just came across your blog. I knew Mason back when he was one of our IFAS Ambassadors. He was such a nice, generous guy, he'll always be missed.

...Jess