Monday, November 10, 2008

"A weekend for Him & Her"

Last weekend Ryan and I went to Orlando to the Hunter's Creek Garage Sale. We didn't have much like other than an awesome deal on two bikes for Madi and Maci. Maci's was only $5.00 and Madi's was $10.00. What a deal! Ryan and I have bikes and would love to start riding at the Hammock with the girls. So, now we are all equipped.
The reason I told you that story is because after the garage sale we had planned on going to IKEA, Target and more. Well, I have been sick and Ryan had started as well. After two hours at the Garage Sale, I was really sick. So, we came home.
This past Friday night, we were discussing what we were going to do on Sat. because Madi was staying the night with a friend and Maci went to the FSU game with Ryan's parents. So, we couldn't just stay home, we had to take advantage. We had already decided to go back to Orlando and do those things we didn't get to the weekend before.
As, I was searching the internet, I saw that the Florida Mall hotel is running a VERY good special of $99.00 per night. What a deal! So, we decided to go. Last year was our first visit to this hotel. It is a great hotel with all the ammenities. One of my favorite are the soft down comforter and pillows. The best part of the HIS/HER part of the blog is I could shop while Ryan stayed in the hotel room and watched football. We also could drop off bags, rest, etc. There is even a Starbuck's in the Lobby. It was great! I shopped without anyone on my heels and no one rushing me.
GREAT IDEA and my tip of the week! Ladies, book a room, do some Christmas shopping and your hubby can relax in the room.
After shopping at the Mall, Target and IKEA we headed to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. After dinner, we went to IKEA and then off to the Melting Pot for dessert. My next tip of the week. If you love dessert like me, then eat dinner somewhere reasonable then treat yourself to the delicious Melting Pot experience. It only cost us $18.00 plus tip for a delicious dessert with Smores Chocolate.
Well, with all the eating and fun we had, we did get some Chrstmas shopping done. I think I got presents for 5 people. YIPEE!!
Some of my favorite finds for myself was Origins Shampoo called Knot. It is a light shampoo with the best smell ever. Origins is a great store. It is all GREEN and has been around before the GREEN push. I love their products. I also visted my favorite makeup spot- Bare Escenutals and got a new brush and a new powder they just came out with a little glimmer in it. Their brushes are wonderful (made out of Peacock feathers). I love the makeup.


Dessert Tray

Ryan lovin' it

Dinner outside at Cheescake Factory

Ready for the night out


YUM!!



Chocolate Smores

2 comments:

Tracy Cotton said...

I'm jealous. Maybe one day I'll find a good babysitter...hehe!! Actually I read a book series call Twilight and the movie is being released in a couple of weeks...I'm hoping for a date night!

Miss you!

Stacy said...

Tracy,

I really need you back in FL, can't you make that happen? Anywho, we should start thinking about our Las Vegas Trip for the summer? Let me know what you think?
Love and miss you dearly,
Stacy